March 18th, 2020
Our Response To COVID-19
Proactively Working to Protect Our Community
Clients/ Friends of City Pets Animal Clinic,
As the situation regarding the spread of COVID-19 evolves, we have decided to adopt a “limited entry into the clinic” approach. This is to bring the number of people coming into the clinic to an absolute minimum as well as allowing people to maintain appropriate distances (6 ft) for your safety and the safety of our staff. We do want more than anything for all of our clients, staff and loved ones to be safe.
Our on-line store is available at myvetstore.ca/citypets – call if you have any trouble setting up an account. Delivery is also available through this method.
Purchase directly from the clinic by following these directions:
– Please call or email ahead if possible to let us know what products or prescriptions you would like to purchase. This helps to make your wait time less.
– Please remain in your car and call us (250-370-1950) from your cell phone to advise us of your arrival. Let us know what product you would like. If you can not remember what you usually purchase, we can quickly look it up on your file.
– Your purchase can then be paid over the phone by credit card and a staff member will bring your product to a table near the front door for you to come in and pick up. The door will be locked so please give plenty of space when the staff member opens it for you to come in. The surface will be disinfected between each use.
– If you need to pay by another method (eg debit), please follow the directions below for appointments to come in to the clinic to complete the transaction. It is safer for you to pay over the phone by credit card if at all possible. NO CASH PURCHASES AT THIS TIME PLEASE.
When you arrive at the clinic for an Appointment:
***Ideally all consults will be completed over the phone or through telemedicine (see more below), with any necessary prescriptions being picked up as outlined above***
– If it is necessary for your pet to come to the clinic, please e-mail a full description of any concerns or questions you have before your arrival.
– Please remain in your car and call from your cell phone to advise us of your arrival. A staff member will come to unlock the door but please wait until the staff member has a chance to return to a safe distance away. Luckily we do have a spacious waiting area (each floor tile is 1 sq ft so 6 floor tiles should be the minimum distance).
– If your pet requires an examination, we ask that you leave your pet with our staff member and return to your vehicle to wait. We will call you to review our findings and recommendations when the examination is complete.
– To transfer pets to staff (indirectly), Please attach leashes for dogs to the leash hook on the front desk. For pets in carriers, please place them inside the door at a comfortable distance. ***All animals will be required to have a leash OR be in a carrier***.
– If you do not have a cell phone, you may knock on the door, but again, please wait until the staff member who unlocks the door has a chance to return to a safe distance away.
We really appreciate your understanding as we navigate the best way to look after your wonderful pet family members, while at the same time taking all precautions to prevent transmission of COVID-19. If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call or email us.
Dr. Kelli and the City Pets Team